Still Single? Don’t Be the Elf on the Shelf!
Do you have children? If you do, then you know about the elf on the shelf. This charming new tradition has momma move the elf around every night while the kiddies are sleeping to give the impression Santa is checking out your household to determine if the children are naughty or nice.
In truth, the elf just sits around until you move him, probably like how you are acting about finding love this holiday season. Are you sitting around wondering why you’re still single and avoiding doing anything to meet Mr. Right? In the past, this lack of action was referred to as “being on the shelf” which is like some special clothing item tucked away on a shelf waiting for that special occasion to be worn. If you are on the shelf, you’re hiding out from meeting men and dating.
During the holiday season, my dating coaching clients tell me how everything slows down even on dating sites. OK, December is a slower month with online dating. But that is not the only way to meet men, especially at holiday time.
How Can You Meet Singles During the Holidays?
This is the time to P-A-R-T-Y and take advantage of every social opportunity. For example:
• RSVP yes to every invitation
• Gather with gal pals on a Thursday night for happy hour at an upscale restaurant bar
• Have your own party and ask each girlfriend to bring one single guy
• Attend charity events to meet altruistic people
• Go to your town’s tree lighting or other local festivities
• Look for holiday gatherings on Meetup.com
• Attend networking or company holiday parties
These are wonderful opportunities to flirt and improve your mingling skills. What? You don’t flirt or have forgotten how? That’s one reason you’re not meeting men.
The good news about flirting is that it’s surprisingly easy and super effective. I’ll give you my four basic flirting tips that have worked for thousands of women just like you. Many clients rave about the great results these flirting tips produce.
First let me explain what I mean by flirting. Flirting is not suggestive, nor does it offer any promise beyond a playful and light-hearted interaction. The point of flirting is to make it easy for single men to approach you. Men don’t enjoy being rejected, so your flirtatious signals let men know you are friendly and willing to engage.
1. Smile! You’ve probably spent good money on whitening products, so show off your beautiful smile. Flashing a smile makes you look your most attractive and can give a man the confidence to walk over and say hello.
2. Quick Eye Contact. When you catch a man’s eye and smile, make sure you maintain eye contact for 2-3 seconds. This is brief, but so important. However, don’t linger because you don’t want him to think you are stareing. This is a demure approach, so gently turn away that quick look.
3. Be Friendly. I’m amazed at how unfriendly people have gotten. It’s related to being engrossed in your own smart phone world and bad news in the media which causes people to isolate for safety. When out in public, put your phone away, look up, smile and be friendly! You never know who you’ll meet.
4. Have Fun! Even if you have to fake it, act like you’re having a good time. A happy face is inviting and attractive. Make the most of any event and find a way to enjoy yourself – even if it’s thinking of stories you’ll tell friends about the night.
Every one of these tips makes you approachable to single men. Not the charming player types who ooze confidence, but quality guys who are the true gems wanting a relationship. Many have been brow-beaten by unkind women who callously turned them down. At this point, many quality men are a bit shy. So anything you to do be friendly improves your chances of meeting men and finding the one.
Stop hiding out and make the effort to be friendly, make new friends, meet men and socialize during the holidays. Say yes to invitations and go out to encounter exciting new possibilities. Everyone you meet knows approximately 250 people, so the bigger your social network, the better your chances to find love. Give up the elf on a shelf act and take advantage of being an attractive woman this holiday season.
By Dating Coach Ronnie Ann Ryan www.NeverTooLate.biz. If you need help with dating confidence or ideas on where to meet quality men, give me a call at 203-877-3777 and let’s see what I can do to help.